Commercial Real Estate Development
TKC has developed over 44 million square feet of real estate across five countries. We recognize that no two development projects are the same. That’s why we customize our approach for every industrial, retail, healthcare, airplane hangar, and office client we serve. By thoroughly understanding our clients' needs, we can find the best contractors, architects, and engineers for the project.
We customarily employ sustainable development practices that minimize environmental impact. In fact, we developed the first two LEED-certified industrial projects in the Carolinas.
Our Development Process
- Analyze client requirements and expectations
- Perform site selection process and all due diligence
- Prepare schedule and budget with consideration to all state and local incentives
- Determine space plan and identify possible expansion
- Establish LEED, BREEAM, or other environmental certification goals
- Interview contractors, architects, and engineers
- Select the most qualified team with skill-sets tailored to the project
- Negotiate contracts to optimize client value
- Create plans and specifications based on client needs and budget parameters
- Conduct design development meetings
- Determine value engineering and cost-benefit analysis
- Compare initial costs versus life cycle costs
- Submit and secure permits
- Secure debt financing through established banking relationships
- Provide equity primarily through internal sources
- When necessary, make non-customary financing arrangements such as Credit Tenant Lease (CTL) financed deals or New Markets Tax Credits
- Prepare detailed monthly reports that analyze expenditures
- Administer all payments to create single-source accountability
- Spearhead design meetings to ensure the continuity between the scope of work and the tenant’s specifications
- Monitor construction testing reports to ensure adherence to all structural and design standards
- Manage the construction process to ensure timely completion, quality, and cost-effectiveness
- Receive, review and transfer (if necessary) all warranty/guarantee information and provide operating manuals to client
- Supervise training of client employees in the operation of all building systems and equipment
Commercial Real Estate Services
We provide facility maintenance, property and project management, outsourced accounting, and other value-added services from an owner's perspective.
We think creatively to unlock additional value from real estate through the redevelopment or repositioning of assets.